OverviewIn Situation-Based Leadership, participants learn and apply this widely recognized approach to leadership. Emphasizing the importance of leadership style, participants learn techniques to meet the demands of the situation and the needs of the follower. This workshop uses several self-assessment to help participants gain a better understanding of their personal leadership style and skill-set. Leadership style must be congruent with follower development level to meet the demands of the situation. Selecting and applying the proper leadership style to individuals and teams greatly improves the odds of success.
- Develop facilitative leadership styles
- Analyze and utilize relationships to maximize peak performance and team cooperation
- Assess follower performance level
- Select a leadership style to match the follower and situation
- Learn and practice skills to provide effective feedback and create meaningful communication
- Recognize, appreciate and utilize the strengths of each team member
- Apply models of leadership to achieve successful outcomes
- Guide team members to increase effectiveness
- Apply the model of Situation Based Leadership to achieve successful outcomes
Topics & Content
- Basic tenets of leadership and leadership styles
- Role of power in effective leadership
- Techniques for strategic and effective partnership
- Questioning skills too enhance communication and leader effectiveness
- Techniques for effective delegation and monitoring to achieve group success.
- Methods likely to produce agreement and cooperation among team members
- Lead for results
- Situation-based leadership model
- The Leadership Triad
Course Code: PD103
Delivery Method: 0.5 Day Instructor-Led
Target Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their leadership knowledge and skills.
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.