Hitachi VSP 5000 Series Hands-On Training
|Date(s) and Time(s)||Location||Instructor|
|Mar 27 - 28, 2023
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
|** All times are US Eastern Time **|
This course provides an introduction to the new Hitachi VSP 5000 Series. It focuses on the overall hardware architecture as well as highlights the hardware differences form the previous VSP storage systems. In addition, this course walks through how to initially install the storage system. This course is 100% hands-on practice on the VSP 5000 Series hardware.
** Please Note: This is a Hitachi Vantara course. Merit Career Development is an authorized training provider for Hitachi Vantara. **
You must complete the prerequisite course TXP3893-3 before you attend THI3857. TXP3893-3 covers al of the specifications of the VSP 5000 Series equipment, as well as the differences from prior VSP versions.
Note that THI3857 is designed for those who have prerequisite knowledge of legacy Hitachi VSP storage systems.
This course prepares you for the Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional - VSP 5000 Series Installation (HQT-4160) Exam
Learning ObjectivesWhen you complete this course, you should be able to:
- Verify the actual locations of physical components in the hardware
- Discuss questions about the observed locations of physical components
- Use maintenance manual information to dummy replace parts including:
- Memory DIMMS
- Perform a microcode update
- Install drives and create parity groups according to instructions
- Practice rebuilding the initial build subsystem if the subsystem fails
Topics & ContentLearning Activities - Labs
- External Visible Hardware
- Hardware Maintenance
- RAID Groups
- Initial Build
Course Code: THI3857
Delivery Method: 2 Day Instructor-Led
- Install and Support
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.