OverviewLeading teams, projects and managing others is very difficult and often accompanied with conflict. Conflict management strategies help the individual to address a wide variety of situations one confronts in the contemporary workplace. The ability to manage individuals through conflict and resolve complex situations is a critical leadership skill. This course is based on the Kilmann model, which is used in several disciplines including conflict management, negotiations, and influencing others. An assessment identifies an individual's preferred conflict strategy, thus providing insight into one's character.
- Describe the five conflict management styles
- Discover your personal conflict management styles
- Explain the Kilmann model
- Practice influencing and conflict resolution
- Resolve a conflict scenario
Topics & Content
- Conflict management styles assessment
- Theory of influence and conflict
- Influencing methods and the five conflict styles
- Personal development planning
- Capstone case study, a small group exercise
Course Code: PD106
Delivery Method: 0.5 Day Instructor-Led
Target Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their conflict management knowledge and skills.
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.