Problem Solving with Root Cause Analysis
OverviewProblem-solving skills are critical for organizational success and properly defining a problem, reaching consensus, developing a solution in a team environment, is often very challenging. Looking deeper to figure out why a problem is occurring enables one to fix the underlying systems and processes tat cause the problem. Root Cause Analysis is a popular and often used technique that helps answer the question as to why the problem occurred in the first place. This workshop is designed to help participants learn skills, tools and techniques necessary to improve their problem-solving processes, to make better decisions, and remedy workplace challenges.
- Identify the potential root cause of a selected problem
- Describe the problem in a clear and concise manner
- Select the most probable cause of a problem
- List team problem-solving roles and responsibilities
- Team solution generation
- Develop a problem resolution implementation plan
- Apply data collection and analysis tools
- Create and use a Causal Factor Tree and Cause and Effect diagram to solve workplace problems
Topics & Content
- Root Cause Analysis method
- Cause and Effect, Ishikawa diagram
- List reduction process
- Causal Factor Tree analysis
- Using the Socratic Method - the "5 whys"
- Data collection and analysis tools
- Pareto Charts
- Solution success metrics
- Weighted Voting technique
- Force Field Analysis
- Solution selection technique
- Case study
- Team solution presentations
Course Code: PD602
Delivery Method: 2 Day Instructor-Led
Target Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their problem solving skills.
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.