Identifying and Managing Project Risks
There are no sessions scheduled at this time. Please contact us for more information.
OverviewThis one-day course is designed to provide participants with an overview of risk management methodologies and best practices. It covers the key concepts, components, and tools that are required to develop effective measures for monitoring and controlling project risks. Participants will be presented with techniques for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling, reporting and analyzing project risks and their impact on project costs and schedules. Hands-on examples and templates are used to reinforce risk management concepts, tools, and methods used to effectively manage project risks.
- Define the purpose and importance of risk management
- Explain risk terms and concepts
- Differentiate between risks, issues and opportunities
- Construct a risk management process
- Identify and assess risks
- Analyze risks qualitatively and quantitatively
- Formulate avoidance, mitigation, and contingency approaches to manage risks
- Describe risk ownership and reporting approaches
- Document risk plans
- Communicate risks to stakeholders
Topics & Content
- Risk impact analysis
- Risk management
- Scenario Planning
- Case studies and other exercises
- Common risks checklist
- PM tools and techniques
Course Code: PM302
Delivery Method: 1 Day Instructor-Led
Target Audience: Project managers, general managers, team leaders and individuals responsible for risk management
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.