Handling Employee Performance Problems and Terminations
There are no sessions scheduled at this time. Please contact us for more information.
OverviewSupervisors, managers and executives all experience challenges in handling performance problems and terminations of those who work for us. This course will teach participants how to face performance problems early and directly and how to communicate with employees professionally while motivating improved performance in those they manage. Participants will role-play counseling and termination interviews to prepare to take these actions when necessary with an employee in their area of responsibility. Increasing skill and comfort with these difficult tasks is a very important aspect of handling these circumstances professionally for the employee and the supervisor.
- Identify performance problems early
- Communicate performance problems effectively and professionally
- Motivate improved performance with employees
- Follow organization policies and protocol
- Document counseling conversations
- Role-play a counseling interview
- Prepare and deliver a termination interview
- Address terminations professionally with staff after he termination is complete
Topics & Content
- Personality styles and effect on communication (DISC*)
- Transformational versus Transactional Leadership styles
- Conversations raising performance problems
- Fear of conducting reviews
- Documentation of performance problem
- Role play counseling scenarios
- Decision to terminate considerations
- Role play termination interviews
- After the termination; handling others around you
Course Code: LD502
1 Day Instructor-Led
2 Half-Days Online
Target Audience: This course is designed for executives, managers and supervisors in the private or public workforce that are responsible for employee performance.
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.