Active and Effective Listening
There are no sessions scheduled at this time. Please contact us for more information.
OverviewResearch shows that 80% of business problems are caused by poor communication. This workshop provides the participant with the critical communication skills necessary to succeed in their personal and work environment. Addressing problems by using active listening provides a solid foundation for effective communications, even in difficult circumstances. Examining and implementing the dynamics of effective communication - with emphasis on active listening as the method for understanding the meanings of the messages sent by others - greatly improves communication.
- Recognize opportunities in the workplace for more effective communication
- Analyze the audience
- Learn and practice active listening skills to enhance work relationships and increase effectiveness
- Choosing the best communication method for a situation
- Crafting difficult messages
- Gain insight into the role of culture in interpersonal communication processes
- Experience cultural differences in thought and emotion
- Use questioning skills to enhance communication effectiveness
Topics & Content
- Online listening skills assessment
- The impact of poor communication in organizations
- Communicating more successfully with others
- Meaning centered communication
- Audience analysis, understanding your intended audience, and shaping your message to reach and persuade your intended audience
- Action Plan to reinforce and transfer learning to the workplace
- The impact of cultural differences on effective communication
Course Code: PD104
Delivery Method: 0.5 Day Instructor-Led
Target Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their listening and communication skills
Interested in bringing this course to your organization? CONTACT US to discuss your specific needs.