Training tailored to your company's needs
Merit Career Development > Courses > Problem Solving with Root Cause Analysis
Problem Solving with Root Cause Analysis
Problem-solving skills are critical for organizational success. Properly defining a problem, reaching consensus, developing
a solution in a team environment, and remedy workplace challenges is often very challenging. This workshop is designed
to help participants learn skills, including root cause analysis, to improve their problem-solving processes to make better
decisions and remedy workplace challenges.
- Identify the potential root cause of a selected problem
- Describe the problem in a clear and concise manner
- Select the most probable cause of a problem
- List team problem-solving roles and responsibilities
- Team solution generation
- Develop a problem resolution implementation plan
- Apply data collection and analysis tools
- Create and use a Causal Factor Tree and Cause and Effect diagram
Topics & Content
- Cause and Effect, Ishikawa diagram
- List reduction process
- Causal factor tree
- Using the Socratic Method - the "5-whys"
- Data collection and analysis tools
- Solution success metrics
- Force Field Analysis
Course Code: PD602
Duration: 2 days
Targeted Audience: This course is designed for
personnel in the private or public
workforce that wish to improve
their problem solving skills.
- OPM - 14 CLP(s)
- PMI - 14 PDU(s)
- SHRM - 14 PDC(s)
Contact us to find out when and where the course(s) you are interested in are being offered.