Training tailored to your company's needs
Merit Career Development > Courses > Communicating using DISC (Taking Flight®)
Communicating using DISC (Taking Flight®)
This program presents an innovative way for participants to understand the four personality styles that have been
recognized in multiple cultures for thousands of years in an interactive and memorable way. It associates each of the
D I S and C personalities with a unique bird*. Participants learn about their own style (through personal assessment) and
how to recognize and effectively interact with other styles in their professional and personal worlds. The workshop is fun and
very interactive. Participants learn how to tone down overuse of behavioral tendencies to be more effective in interactions
- Distinguish the four behavioral styles - Dominant, Interactive, Supportive and Conscientious
- Demonstrate understanding of how each styles differs from each other
- Accurately identify another person's style
- Identify how teams can benefit from all four styles.
- Demonstrate how to alter your approach to better match others' styles
- Recognize overuse of behavioral tendencies so as to not irritate others.
- Create strategies to improve relationships and performance
- Create an Action plan for improved communication and motivation
Topics & Content
- Description of each style - D (Eagle), I (Parrot), S (Dove), C (Owl)
- Personal tendency: Fast Paced and verbal OR Even Paced and reserved
- Task oriented or people oriented
- History of behavioral styles
- Which bird are you? assessment
- How each style behaves at work
- Identifying others styles, "Bird Watching"
- Primary and secondary style combinations
- Home Rule vs The Golden Rule
- Communicating with others
- Team dynamics
Course Code: PD401
Duration: 1 day
Targeted Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their communication skills.
- OPM - 7 CLP(s)
- PMI - 7 PDU(s)
- SHRM - 7 PDC(s)
Contact us to find out when and where the course(s) you are interested in are being offered.